- Pray for strength, guidance, and a new heart from God. Ask Jesus to help you resist temptation and implement new habits that will change your daily routines. It’s wise to place your faith in Christ. -James 1:13-18
- Spend time in the Word of God. A healthy biblical life is a life headed in the right direction. Reading Scripture can help you gain perspective and clarity on the issue of sexual sin. -2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Implement the scriptures in your everyday life and by obeying them we learn to tear down the strongholds that keep us far from Christ and a life of purity. –2 Corinthians 10:1
- Stay accountable. Surrounding yourself with a small and trustworthy circle of Christians who can pray and intercede for you. A trusted friend can encourage you and motivate you to live a life of holiness and help you stay strong.-Ecclesiasticus 6:5-6, 14-17
- Listen to uplifting, Biblical music. Listening to music that reminds you of God’s love and grace can help keep you focused on Him. Remove all music and tv that contains sexual undertones, and foul meaning. The eyes and ears are the gateway to the soul, keep them pure. -Matthew 6:22-24
- Memorize Bible verses. Memorizing Scriptures like 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5, and Philippians 4:8 can help you to remember why you should abstain from sexual sin.
- Stay away from triggers. If there are certain places, people, or activities that you know can lead to sin, avoid them. Throw away pornographic materials and stay away from seducers. Let everything glorify God. -1 Corinthians 10:31
- Focus on loving God and others. When you focus on loving God and being there for others, you’ll be less likely to fall into sin. Devote your free time to the less fortunate, it’s satisfying and God blesses a giving heart with healing.-Colossians 3:23-24
- Spend time in prayer but also meditate in the word. Spend prayer and meditation time to draw near God and receive His grace and strength. Don’t give up. You won’t be perfect, but don’t let that discourage you. -Psalms 1:2
- Persevere through the struggle, and remember that God is with you every step of the way. Repent as often as need be but do not get on a habit in using repentance as an excuse to sin against your body. You were bought with a price. So honor your body.- Corinthians 6:19-20
The whole idea of these 10 tips on overcoming sexual sin, is a lifestyle change. We have to devote ourselves to Christ and his righteousness in order to receive it.
Today is a new day; start now.
C. Brejcha ©️