Hebrews 11:16 NKJV
But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Faith is the critical component that opens up the spiritual glory in our relationship with Jesus Christ. We cannot elevate spiritually without genuine faith.
Too often, people, myself included in the past, relied on feelings-based faith. Meaning our emotions came before genuinely trusting God, as the scriptures say to do.
How many can relate that when you are in a worship service, you believe that God can do it, that Jesus can heal the sick and cure disease, or feed your family, yet the moment you hit the parking lot, you are riddled with anxiety and worry? You find yourself cursing out the car that cut you off rather than calmly allowing them to enter?
Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentlenesses and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
We have all been there as Christians, but it’s not a place to stay. Instead, we should change, evolve, and live the truth so our faith can move mountains. Rather than relying on an emotional reaction like any other feeling, it comes and goes.
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
Still, if feelings don’t leave us like depression and anxiety, it’s a sign of another spiritual presence weighing us down; in that event, we learn how to pray in the Holy Spirit to battle spiritual warfare.
After all, a good majority of mental illness is a spiritual issue, but with surface faith, how can we expect to cast out demons with Christ’s authority or speak healing life over ourselves and our family? The truth is we can’t, and we can see that mental and emotional issues are rising because genuine faith is at an all-time low. Nonetheless, God gave us a way out, and to be delivered.
2 Corinthians 10:4-5 talks about it, “The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
Modern society’s idea of a church having too many false teachers and prophets doesn’t help the situation, but through Jesus Christ, we have all we need. We must be willing to relearn a few things to open ourselves up to receive all Christ has for us while obediently loving and worshiping God with our hearts.
Genuine faith is for God, not in men and women, but in the one who overcame death so that we have new life. Jesus is not an idea or a piece of bread; he is the bread of life, and Jesus is a Spirit being now; he is not human or worldly but not of this world yet in everything.
Romans 8:11 ESV
If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
How can we have a relationship with Jesus Christ, a spiritual God, if we haven’t a clue or faith in the Spiritual aspect of religion and the supernatural? The answer is we can’t, which shows in a world riddled with unsolvable problems that are deliverable through the spiritual power of Jesus Christ.
Today I will leave these ten simple instructions that will lead you to a deeper faith. In comparison, noting that willingness, repentance, and self-reflection is paramount in having a pure relationship with Jesus Christ and communicating through the Holy Spirit. It’s a win-win for all who believe and do their part to change and be changed.
Ten Steps To Increase Faith
- Read the Bible daily. Set aside time each day to read scripture, learn about God’s will for your life, and simultaneously apply the word to everyday life, even when it’s complicated.
- Pray and meditate on God’s Word. Spend prayer, time alone at lunch or in your mind during hectic days, and do it often throughout the day, talking to God and asking Him to help you increase your faith. Daily habits become routine.
- Attending church services is helpful to gather with other believers but be aware that not all that appears Holy is good. Worshiping God in your heart is more critical than once-a-week service; this is how religion becomes more important to people than a relationship with Jesus every day. And learning from the Bible at home in solitude is just as important as with other believers and will help you build genuine faith.
- Listen to sermons and Christian music. Sermons and Christian music will help to remind you of God’s promises and encourage your faith. At the same time, test every spirit, and the time of learning with the Holy Spirit will increase your discernment as to whether someone is a trusted teacher.
- Spend time with other believers. Surround yourself with positive, faith-filled people who can encourage and remind you of God’s love. At the same time, don’t rely on it; we find more healing and revelation through the Holy Spirit in isolation from God.
- Memorize and meditate on scripture. Be specific in your heart motivation for God instead of the ability to repeat them to appear knowledgeable. God hates pride but loves a humble heart.
- Participate in your own Bible studies. Participating in an in-depth Bible study with others seems to be the way, but scripture says no one needs to teach you 1 John 2:27. Have something to add and be a valuable source to someone else. It will help you to help others when you do participate as a group.
- Helping others is a great way to strengthen your faith and increase your dedication to God. Jesus helps the needy, sick, poor, and imprisoned, whether in jail or their body and mind. Be willing to see all people at eye level.
- Share your faith with others. Spreading your faith with those around you and talking about what Jesus is doing for you gives hope to people who can’t see; it helps deepen your understanding of it.
- Put your trust in God. Ultimately, our faith is in God and His promises; keep Him in your heart and trust Him. The more you give up for Jesus and others while creating healthy boundaries for yourself, the more genuine faith increases. Less is more in God’s kingdom.
I pray that today, you begin working towards a healthier, whole, healing relationship with Jesus Christ so that your life flourishes in faith in Jesus Christ.
C. Brejcha ©️